Please see important note about cookie control.
What Is The Purpose of This Policy?To let our customers and website visitors know the following:
- What personal data we collect when you visit our website
- How we use your personal data
- How we make sure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights regarding data collection, storage and deletion
- What cookies are, what cookies we use and what options you have to allow or disallow cookies on our website
What Is Personal Data?Personal data is anything that discloses your identity; that is unique to you.
For a more detailed breakdown of what constitutes personal data, please visit this page:https://eugdprcompliant.com
What Personal Data Do We Collect?We collect personal data if you contact The Smithy on the telephone to book a table. We do not have any contact forms on our website. To enhance this website's functionality, some features may automatically collect data which is classified in the GDPR as 'Personal Data'. Please see below.
Personal Data – Squarespace and CookiesSome website features such as social media links as well as security, analytics and performance software may collect data via automated methods. We also allow Squarespace and Google to analyse our website traffic so we can improve our website.
The data collected by this website may include:
- Your IP address (An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
- Browser type
- System type (type of computer or device)
- The content and pages that you access on our website
- Cookie information
- Speed up performance and improve user experience
- Improve website security
- Provide us with valuable feedback
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?We use the information you give us to secure bookings, to analyse our website's performance and to improve your user experience.
Do We Share Your Data With Third Parties?Please see our note in Personal Data – Squarespace and Cookies about how IP addresses (classed by the GDPR as personal data) may be automatically collected and used by third parties via this website.
We do not share any of your personal data such as name or phone number with third parties.
We will never sell your data to any marketing companies.
Data Security - Protecting Your PrivacyWe protect personal data with appropriate security.
- All of our data stored on computers is protected by technical security such as firewalls, anti-virus software and passwords.
- We understand the importance of data security and what procedures should be followed in case of a data security breach.
- Our website has an SSL certificate and powerful security software to protect and secure your connection.
- Our email clients are configured to use secure email connections.
Security Breaches - Our Security Procedure
- Under GDPR law, if personal data has been put at risk we are required to report the breach to the Information Commissioners Office within 72 hours.
- Certain types of data breach do not need to be reported if they are considered harmless and poses no risk to individual data.
- If a breach is considered high-risk, we will inform all individuals who are impacted right away. We will do this via direct email or telephone depending on your contact preferences.
Your Legal Rights Regarding Data Collection, Storage and DeletionThe GDPR includes the following rights for individuals or 'data subjects':
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Requests for Amendments, Copies or DeletionIf you would like us to update or delete any details we hold about you, or would like a copy of your personal data, simply send a request via email to Rebecca Juniper.
In accordance with the GDPR, any requests for amendments, deletion or copies of data will be fulfilled within 30 days (though usually much quicker).
CookiesCookies are small text files that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, mobile phone or networked device. Each time the visitor returns to a website, the browser provides the site with a string of information stored in the cookie. For security reasons, websites can only access cookies they have created, not cookies from other sites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to create a more exciting pub for you to enjoy)
Cookie CategoriesHere are the cookie categories which this website may use:
NecessaryNecessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and device information. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
PreferencesPreference cookies enable a website to remember information that you have set in the browser.
StatisticsStatistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
MarketingMarketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Click on a browser icon below for instructions on how to change its cookie settings:
Now that you have all the information you need to manage and delete cookies in your chosen browser, you can go forth and surf in the pleasure of knowing you have full control.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or any of the settings on this website, please contact us at any time.